The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Your Understanding Father
For He knoweth our frame; He remembereth that we are dust. ~Psalm 103:14
God had showed me that He loved me as His daughter, but occasionally I had a hard time believing. How could God delight in a child that failed Him so frequently?
I was in the midst of a spiritual low, wondering again wether my Heaveny Father really could be excited about m with my myriad shortcomings. As I was pondering this, I set my six-month-old daughter on a bed and propped her up with pillows. Soon, however, she fell over, and I had to set her up again. This happened several times, which didnt surprise me, since sitting on her own was a feat she hadnt yet accomplished.
Did I berate her for failing? No, indeed! Instead, I showed how ecited I was with her progress, and encouraged her to keep trying. I knew that repeated attempts at sitting would strengthen her muscles and improve her coordination until at last she would be able to sit with no support whatsoever.
I thought of my kind heavely Father. he sees me, too. He looks on with delight as I take another step of faith. He knows my limitations and realizes that I wont always succeed; but He also knows that, with each attempt, my spiritual muscle grows stronger. With each victory he says, "Thats great, daughter!"
Praise God that He is such and understanding Father!
Suggested activity for the day:
Sit in the backyard and blow bubbles with your children.
That's awesome Rachel. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete