Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

38 Weeks!




Well as most of you know I am now 38 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. The waiting has not been so hard as I get to sleep and laze about without feeling bad about it. I love how people actually expect me to do this now that I am so far along. It makes doing nothing very relaxing most of the time. There are still times though that I find myself a little bored but for the most part I just relax and read.
I went to the Dr. again today and Bethany was very active on her none-stress test. She is doing good and looks healthy. :-) I also saw the Dr. this morning and well she checked to see if I had dilated more. Unfortunately I am still at 2cm and 50% effaced. The baby however is at -2 station. So there is still a ways to go and I only have a week to do it in. The Dr. has set my induction date for the 24th of July. I really dont want to be induced so I had her split my membranes today as well. I hope that this will give me a jump start into labor. I have also been trying to eat pineapple and kiwi to help me get going. I know induction is a tiny bit better when you are actually dilated and effaced but in all honesty I would rather not have it at all. If I can help myself along though and dilate more then labor might not be as bad hen induced. Oh and splitting the membranes for me was not all that painful it was just uncomfortable. Just remember everyone is different and it is painful for some people.
My mom is getting in tomorrow night by train and we cant wait to see her. We figured that it would be best if she got here a week early just in case God answers my prayers and puts this body into labor. It will give her time to relax after travel and to also do other things with me before the baby is born anyway. I love how both Jonathan and my mom are so excited about this baby! lol It makes me smile to know that this child will not lack in the love factor in her life from either side of her family. God has truly blessed Jonathan and I with two great sets of parents!
Next week the schedule is looking full!! Monday I have a None-stress test and Thursday I have a none-stress test, ultrasound, and see the dr once more before being induced on Saturday.
Pray that God will give us a healthy baby girl and hint in there that sooner would be better then later. lol ;-)
I will try to give you some updates before I go in on Saturday! If not next time I post it will be as a mommy to a beautiful little girl!

Have a blessed week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment