
Well I havent posted in awhile but now that I have my life back under a little bit of control I will attempt to do a small post.
Our beautiful baby girl Bethany Joy McCracken was born on July 21st at 6:50pm. She weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. My water broke on the 19th at 10pm and I went into the hospital around 1pm on the 20th. I was not having contractions so they decided to induce me. They started my Pitocin around 5pm on the 20th. What seemed like many hours later it was time to push. It took 3 hours to push my chubba out. lol What a feeling! I couldnt take my eyes off of her! I was also in shock. She came home with us after the normal few days in the hospital and wound up going back into the hospital because of jaundice. Two days later we all went home again! My mother was here helping us out for about three weeks. Man I dont know what I would have done with all the help that I received. I was still in shock that I had a baby of my own. It has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. I have always been called to be a mother and a wife. I guess God has decided that I was ready for the task that He has been waiting to give me. I spend everyday falling more and more in love with the cutest little face and cries that Bethany displays. She is doing well and we are getting more and more into a schedule. We decided that we would finally get out and go to church as a family. We really enjoyed being in the house of God together! That being said here is some more news that we have been keeping under wraps for awhile.
We have been entertaining the idea of being missionaries. This has been something that Jonathan and I have been felt called to for most of our lives. We will both be done with our degrees from Liberty in December. We were not sure what God wanted us to do but Jonathan has felt called to Alaska for some time. Recently as we have been praying for the guidance of God we have gotten in contact with a missionary organization called MARC (Missionary Aviation Repair Center). They are based in Soldotna Alaska. This is located about 3 hours away from Anchorage. We are in the process of filling out applications and talking with the director of the organization. We are asking that you pray for us and that God will guide us in the application process. If we are accepted as missionaries then Jonathan will be taking a trip there and seeing what is around the area and meeting the people there.
As for that there is nothing much else happening around here. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment