
As I sit here writing an catching everyone up on what is happening in our lives Bethany is crying in her crib because I am trying to transition her into going to sleep on her own rather then being held. She will be two months old on the 21st and the time seems to have flown by. She is such a pleasure and a delight to have around. Yes I have had my moments where I was frustrated and angry just because of lack of sleep. All I wanted to do was sleep. Thank goodness for my husband. If it wasnt for him I dont think I would appreciate being a mother as much because I would have fallen apart. He has helped out so much when I just didnt think I could go on getting up at 3 am in the morning. Bethany is still not sleeping through the night and I was going to try to cut out a feeding when she turned 2 months old. I believe it is going to be very difficult for a few nights when I decide to do that since she is waking up every three hours still. I might hold it off for a little while until she is ready. I am new at this infant thing since I have never really taken care of one all that much.
My first MOPs meeting went really well and I am excited about the studies that we are going to be starting and all of the play dates that are going on. It is about time that I got to know some people who are right around the area of life that I am in as well. I am hoping to get a little bit more involved then just attending the meetings. I was thinking that I could get an idea of how things are run so that I can possibly take what I know and what I learn to Alaska with me and either start a MOPs there or join one and help run it. I wanted a ministry there that I could work with and this could be where God is leading me.
Well being a mom as most of you moms know is something that I will never regret and I will always be thankful for. I love my little girl so much and I wouldnt change anything about her. She is such a good baby and such a joy to our home. She does her name justice. (Bethany means: House of, and of course her middle name is Joy.) I am learning how to do errands and housework with a little infant in tow and I have a healthier respect for those who have more then one child while having an infant. I dont know how they do it. I guess I will eventually find out since I want more then just one child and not very far apart in age. lol Not yet of course. I cant wait to see what the next coupel of months will bring as my little girl grows bigger and learns new things!
No comments:
Post a Comment