Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baby's First Christmas!



Well there is nothing like going home for the holidays! Christmas was very special this year because not only did we get to see most all of our family but it was a little girls first Christmas and fist time meeting alot of the family. I have to tell you that there were alot of mixed emotions going on inside of me. I love seeing family, so joy was present and I was thankful for many things. My family was the best thing ever though. My husband and daughter are my life and I thank God for them. We went to NY for a week this year and Bethany's amma and pop-pop couldnt get enough of her. She loved seeing her cousins and aunts and uncles. We spent some time in NYC and my did we get snowed in our hotel from the blizzard that occurred. I found that it was a great thing though because after so much commotion Bethany and her parents needed a day of rest and quiet. Bethany was getting a bit of a cold as well. Coming home I found myself exhausted because I had a wisdom tooth coming in and Bethany not feeling well plus teething left us both at a loss for sleep. It was a great time though.


This was Bethany's first real cold. I have been around tons of kids who have had colds and it has never bothered me before. But now that my little baby girl has a runny nose I find myself in a constant state of worry. I tell myself that I am being silly and that it is just a runny nose but my goodness in the back of my head there is still worry. I never thought in all my years of childcare experience that I would be worried over a stuffy nose! Motherhood is very humbling. lol This is a new one for me in this journey we call motherhood. I feel protective and want everything to go right for her. I know it wont and there will be failures and hurts but I wish there werent. All I can do is try to teach her how to get through those trials with grace and composure. :-) My life will never be the same and I am starting to appreciate the mothers all around me more now because I am now seeing how hard it is to make your own decisions concerning your child while everyone else is breathing down your neck to do it a different way. It is surely a journey and I am up for the challenge that it has given me. I can better myself and I can also help better others through the things that I learn. What an opportunity to serve!



As a mother this Christmas has blown me away. There are so many feelings that over took me I did not have time to process them. I always love talking to other moms about how they are raising their kids. Everyone is so different and family is no exception. I think if we all did it the same way it would be boring and just no fun. Our differences make us special and that is what I love about it. God made us all unique and beautiful in our very own special way.



We are now taking a short Christmas/New Years visit at Jonathan's parents house and we are relaxing and I finally have some time to write on my blog. I am going to take the next few days to relax and get myself back together a little bit



The best present of the year:
The best present that I received this year has to be my daughter Bethany! She is the most precious thing in the world and the best present any one could ask for. As a mother I get frustrated and angry but I also get sensitive and loving! What better gift could you ask for then to have your very own beautiful perfect baby to celebrate what family is all about.



I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and I hope your New Year is great as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment